INGREDIENTS for Salad
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Galbani Professionale® Lactose Free Pizza Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped (or 12 cups [3 L])
- 6 pre-made chicken skewers, grilled
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
INGREDIENTS for Roasted Chick Peas “Croutons”
- 1½ cups (357 mL) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
INGREDIENTS for Low-Fat Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F (200° C). Rinse, drain and dry chickpeas well. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Mix well. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until chickpeas are crispy. Hold in a container, non-refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
INSTRUCTIONS for Low Fat Caesar Dressing
- Combine all ingredients for Caesar Salad Dressing and whisk together for 2-3 minutes. Store unused portion refrigerated for up to 5 days.
DIRECTIONS for Salad
- Grill chicken skewer as per package instructions, until an internal temperature of 165° F (74° C) is reached. Set aside.
- To assemble each salad, place 2 cups of romaine lettuce and drizzle with 3-4 tbsp (45 mL – 60 mL) of Caesar Salad Dressing. Sprinkle with ¼ cup (60 mL) Galbani Professionale® Lactose Free Pizza Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, and ¼ cup roasted chick peas. Place 1 chicken skewer and a wedge of lemon alongside of the salad, and serve.